1. Langtang Valley Trek Langtang Valley Trek starts from the lower Langtang, through its forests and among the villages and farmlands of its people, many of who are of Tibetan origin. The valley offers pine forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow- capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild primulas. Langtang valley trek gives an opportunity to discover the pure blend of natural beauties like scenic landscapes, snow-capped mountains, rhododendron forests and cultural glimpse of Tamang and Sherpa people. It is an adventure of 8 days in Langtang region near Tibet and possesses the similar geographic structure and surroundings like of Tibetan highlands. langtang is closer to Kathmandu than other trekking regions, it is lies in the area of Tibetan culture and the home of the Yak. In the upper part of the valley there are snow ridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lakes of crystalline brightness and glaciated mountain giants. The trek starts from Dhunche or Syabru Bensi and ends at the same point. During the trek we can view the Langtang National Park, with wildlife and interesting animals and birds such as monkeys, musk deer, Danphe, national bird of Nepal, red pandas etc. From Langtang village, the track continues to Kyangjin Gompa (3,740 m), the site of the Yala Cheese Factory. Itinerary in Details Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu. You are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program upon arrival. Overnight at Hotel. B & B Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sihgtseeing Tour. Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple , Boudhanath Stupa & Pashupatinath Temple. Overnight at Hotel. B & B Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1462 meters) by bus 7 Hrs. Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi which takes about eight hours by bus. You head north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche. While passing along the road at the bank of Trisuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills. As you pass through Dhunche you feel as if you are heading towards deep land. At the same time, you notice that the road is still under construction. Overnight at Guest House. Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500 meters) 5 Hrs. Today, the first part of the trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and follows the Langtang Khola. This trail is gradually climbs to Bamboo passing through the Landslide area. Afterwards, your trek ascends gently to Ramche (2400meters) through Bamboo (1960meters) which lies at the bank of Langtang Khola. You can have lunch at this place if you like. And at the end your trail is level to the Lama Hotel. En route you could see red pandas, monkeys and bears if youre lucky. Overnight at Guest House. Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307 meters) 5 Hrs. The trek route follows Gumanechok, Ghoda Tabela literally it means the Horse Stable. After this the trail is slightly gradual and beautiful in the valley with the grazing Yaks. Langtang village is
2. one of the very local and old villages along this trekking route and the view from here is more spectacular. Overnight at Guest House. Day 06: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3798 meters) 4 Hrs. Today is a shorter walk but enough for acclimatization. The surroundings are interesting also because of the famous Cheese factory. This beautiful valley in the lap of the Langtang Lirung and other around. A place to explore the valley and lots of small peaks to climb. Overnight at Guest House. Day 07: Kyangjin Gompa Exploration! Today is a day to rest and explore the area. You can visit the monastery and the cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung or ascend Kyangjin RI (4350meters) which is highest point of this trek, directly behind the village, for a breath-taking panorama of the Langtang peaks. Overnight at Guest House. Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel (2500 meters) 5.30 Hrs. Overnight at Guest House. Day 09: Trek to Syabru Bensi (1462 meters) 5 Hrs. Overnight at Guest House. Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu by bus. 7 Hrs. Overnight at Hotel. Day 11: Drive to Tribhuwan international airport (TIA) for your home departure! Farewell Cost Included All Airport / hotel / pick up & drop by private car / van. Three nights accommodation with breakfast at 3* category hotel in Kathmandu. Kathmandu city tours, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide by private car / van. Meals breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea & coffee during the trek. Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during in the mountain. One highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, required porters (1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance etc.. Kathmandu - Syabru Sensi - Kathmandy surface transfer by Bus/Jeep. Down Jacket & Sleeping Bag during your Langtang valley trek. First Aid medical kit. Langtang national park permit fee, TIMS - Trekkers Information Management System. Government taxes & Office Service charge. Not Included Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per meal. Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist). International air fare to and from Nepal. Nepal entry visa , you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of
3. passport size photos.) US$ 40 (duration 30 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu. International Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. Items of a personal nature Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call and internet. Tips for guide, porters, driver.. Langtang valley trek Map Posted by Icicles Adventure Treks And Tours at 10:41 PM No comments: Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest Friday, March 20, 2015 Annapurna ciruit Trek, Annapurna Round Trek Annapurna circuit trekking is best described as the most happening incentive trekking destination of Nepal. It has been proved as a highly praised and spectacular trekking route in the Annapurna region since it opened to foreign trekkers in 1977. The trek starts right from Besisahar and goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great view of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. This magnificent trek leads you to the fine village inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, offering spectacular and majestic view of the white Himalayas. As it continues to the north of the main Himalayan range on to the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, the scenery is equally breathtaking.
4. Our trek has two options: either you can fly Jomsom to Pokhara or continue the trek in the Annapurna loop, Ghorepani ,Poon Hill then finish at Pokhara. The Annapurna Circuit starts with a drive to Besisahar and winds through lush, subtropical forests and traditional farming terrace villages of west Nepal. Every ridge brings a Himalayan panorama with Annapurna and Himalchuli soaring above. This is a magnificent trek that follows the Marshyangdi Khola (river) from the subtropical lowlands to the Manang basin and then crosses the Thorung La (5416m) by descending to the deepest gorge in the world, the Kali Gandaki. Annapurna Circuit Trekking is considered to be the traditional trek in the Annapurna region. The highlight of this trip is to reach the sacred site of Muktinath temple through the trek over the 5416m Thorong La pass. Also Annapurna circuit trekking is one of the classic treks in the world where it is possible to make the trekking itinerary short or long as trekkers demand because who those who a have short time frame can take a flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and those who have enough time have options to continue to Ghorepani Poon hill finish at Birethanti (Nayapul). Between Jomsom and Ghorepani there are natural hot springs in Tatopani where tourists enjoy taking hot baths. Itinerary in Details Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu. You are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program upon arrival. Overnight at Hotel. B.B Day 02: Trek Preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sihgtseeing tour. Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple , Boudhanath Stupa & Pashupatinath Temple. Overnight at Hotel. B.B Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (790m) 6 Hrs.
5. Trekking staff will arrive at your Hotel to pick you up, we have 6 hours of driving to Besishar. It is about 185km from Kathmandu. On arrival at Besisahar you will witness stunning snow caped mountain scenery. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 04: Trek to Bahundanda (1310m) 5 Hrs. Today our journey starts at Besisahar, from where, the trail makes the climb to Khudi at 790m, we then reach the first Gurung village (many of Nepals Gurkha Soldiers are Gurungs). As we continue from Khudi the trail offers fine views of Himalchuli and Peak 29 (Ngadi Chuli). It climbs to Bhulbhule at 825m; it then goes to Ngadi before reaching Bahundanda at 1310m. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 05: Trek to Chyamje (1400m) 6 Hrs. Today the trail drops steeply to Syange at 1070m from Bahundanda crossing the Marshyangdi River on a suspension bridge. We then follow the river to the stone village of Jagat before climbing through forest to Chyamje at 1400m. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 06: Trek to Bagarchhap (2160m) 5 Hrs. The day begins with the rocky trail following the Marshyangdi rivers steadily uphill to Tal at 1675m, the first village in the Manang district. We make a trailverse crossing a wide, flat valley. The trail then climbs a stone stairway to 1860m till another stairway. The journey continues making up and down to Dharapani at 1890m. There we find a stone entrance chorten typical of the Tibetan influenced villages from here northwards. We then arrive Bagarchhap, offers the typical flat roofed stone houses of local Tibetans design although the village which is still in the transition zone before the dry highlands. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 07: Trek to Chame (2630m) 6 Hrs. With often rough and rocky, the trail climbs to Tyanja at 2360m, & then continues through forest, but near the river, to Kopar at 2590m. As we reach the Chame, the headquarters of the Manang district, we are rewarded by the fine views of Annapurna II as you approach Chame & two small hot springs by the town. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 08: Trek to Pisang (3300m) 5 Hrs. The day starts through deep forest in a steep and narrow valley, crosses a river on a long bridge at 2910m. We then cross another bridge at 3040m, from there the view of the soaring Paungda Danda rock face really begins to appear. From there the trail joins to climb to Pisang, which sprawls between 3200m & 3300m. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 09: Trek to Manang (3500m) 4 Hrs. Today we continue through the drier upper part of the Manang district, cut off from the full effect of the monsoon by the Anapurna Range. People of this region, herd yaks & raise crops for part of the year besides, they also continue to enjoy special trading rights gained way back in 1784. Leaving Pisang, we have an alternate trails north and south of the Marshyangdi River which meet up again at Mungji. The southern route by Hongde, with its airstrip, at 3325m involves less climbing than the northern route via Ghyaru, though there are better views on the trail that follows the northern bank of the river. From Mungji, the trail continues past the picturesque but partially hidden village of Bryanga at 3475m to nearby Manang at 3500m. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 10: Manang - Acclimatization day Today we spend a day acclimatizing in Manang. The whole day we spend by doing some fine day walks and over viewing the magnificent views around the village and the day time is best to gain altitude. At the end of the day, we return back to our accommodation & have a night rest. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D Day 11: Trek to Ledar (4250m) 5 Hrs. Today we leave Manang, and the trail makes an ascent of nearly 2000m to the Thorung La pass. We make the climb steadily through Tenki, leaving the
6. Marshyangdi Valley. Continuing along the Jarsang Khola Valley, we reach Ledar at 4250m, there we see the vegetations steadily more sparse. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 12: Trek to Phedi or High Camp (4600m) 4 Hrs. The trail descends to cross the river at 4310m we then climb up to Phedi at 4420m or at High Camp on the elevation of 4600m. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 13: Trek to Muktinath (3800 meters) via Thorung La pass (5416 meters) 8 Hrs. The journey from Phedi foot of the hill or at the foot to the 5416m Thorung La pass, begins the day. We then make the climb steeply that is regularly used and easy to follow. However, the problem may arise due to the altitude and snow. It often causes terrible problem to cross the pass if it is covered by snow. About four hours climb up to the pass marked by the chortens & prayer flags. As you reach the top, you are rewarded by the magnificent view from the top. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 14: Trek to Marpha (2670 meters) 6 Hrs. Our descent continues through the Kali Gandaki Valley to Marpha. Marpha is home to many apple orchids as well as all the various food products made from the fruit. Apple Brandy is a local specialty that you may be lucky enough to taste en route. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 15: Trek to Ghasa (2010 meters) 6 Hrs. We descend through the valley following the Kali Gandaki River to Ghasa. We walk along the bank of Kali Gandaki River. Overnight at Guesthouse. Day 16: Trek to Tatopani (1190 meters) 5 Hrs. Today, we will walk through the worlds deepest gorge in the Earth at Kopchepani; we then continue descending through the Kali Gandaki River valley to Tatopani. This place is famous for its hot springs. This is the best place to relax your body after a long days trek, we will have one more extra day here tomorrow to relax. Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 17: Rest and Relaxing day at Tatopani.Overnight at Guest Gouse. B.L.D Day 18: Trek to Ghorepani (2810 meters) 7 Hrs. Leaving the hot springs, we ascend again to Ghorepani arriving mid afternoon. Overnight at Guesthouse. Day 19: Hike to Poon Hill (3210meters) and trek to Tikhedhunga (1570meters...