Blogging for your Business
2. Who Are We?
- A boutique marketing agency
- Hosts of the Blog Business Summit and Facebook Marketing Conferences
- Creators of “Blogging the Stratosphere” event
- Focus on Web 2.0 technologies and platforms
3. What will We Cover Today?
- Thinkspace tenants and chamber members
- A pragmatic, business-focused look at the “Social Web” with heavy emphasis on blogging
4. Audience assumptions
- How companies can benefit
5. Having a Web site is not enough!
- Are new to blogs and blogging
- Google’s largely ignoring it
6. Email is broken
- It’s probably out of date(?)
7. The Social Web (Web 2.0)
- Spam filters are hyperactive, yet inaccurate
- Non-static “living” sites
- Two way communication -- Interaction between sites and individuals
8. Social Media Defined
- “ Broadcasting” via syndication
9. The First Wave
- In comparison to traditional media (and Web 1.0), online social media is perpetuated Web-enabled content of a conversational nature.
10. The Second Wave
- Discussion groups/bulletin boards
11. What is a blog?
- Social networks: Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn
- It’s just a Web site in the form of a journal. A “Web log”
- Entries appear in reverse chronological order
12. Why you should have a blog
- Every new entry is also a new page
- Helps establish “thought leadership”
13. SEO case study: bigbusinessjet.com 14. Creating a blog: Wordpress.com 15. Posting example 16. Frequently asked questions
- Helps establish relationships
- What service or platform is best?
- What should I write about?
17. What is Twitter? 18. Twitter: “microblogging” in action 19. Why does it work?
- How can I measure traffic/readers/sales?
20. Why do I care?
- Computerless communication
- kevinkozan : “hmmm.. what wine should I buy tonight?”
- jcuene: “should i buy a new ipod now, or wait?”
21. What is Facebook? 22. Facebook tour 23. Marketing via Facebook 24. What Do I Do Now?
- geoffgirardin : “ATTN: I'm looking to buy a webcam. What should I buy?”
- Start listening to the buzz
25. Thanks! [email_address] [email_address]
- Join Facebook, create your Fan page
Presentation given by the Parnassus Group at the Redmond Chamber of Commerce "Breakfast at Thinkspace" event.