Blogging for your Business
Presentation given by the Parnassus Group at the Redmond Chamber of Commerce "Breakfast at Thinkspace" event.
2. Who Are We?
- A boutique marketing agency
- Hosts of the Blog Business Summit and Facebook Marketing Conferences
- Creators of Blogging the Stratosphere event
- Focus on Web 2.0 technologies and platforms
- Thinkspace tenants and chamber members
3. What will We Cover Today?
- A pragmatic, business-focused look at the Social Web with heavy emphasis on blogging
- How companies can benefit
4. Audience assumptions
- Are new to blogs and blogging
5. Having a Web site is not enough!
- Googles largely ignoring it
- Its probably out of date(?)
6. Email is broken
- Spam filters are hyperactive, yet inaccurate
7. The Social Web (Web 2.0)
- Two way communication -- Interaction between sites and individuals
- Broadcasting via syndication
8. Social Media Defined
- In comparison to traditional media (and Web 1.0), online social media is perpetuated Web-enabled content of a conversational nature.
9. The First Wave
- Discussion groups/bulletin boards
10. The Second Wave
- Social networks: Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn
11. What is a blog?
- Its just a Web site in the form of a journal. A Web log
- Entries appear in reverse chronological order
- Every new entry is also a new page
12. Why you should have a blog
- Helps establish thought leadership
- Helps establish relationships
13. SEO case study: bigbusinessjet.com 14. Creating a blog: Wordpress.com 15. Posting example 16. Frequently asked questions
- What service or platform is best?
- What should I write about?
- How can I measure traffic/readers/sales?
17. What is Twitter?
18. Twitter: microblogging in action
19. Why does it work?
- Computerless communication
20. Why do I care?
- kevinkozan : hmmm.. what wine should I buy tonight?
- jcuene: should i buy a new ipod now, or wait?
- geoffgirardin : ATTN: I'm looking to buy a webcam. What should I buy?
21. What is Facebook?
22. Facebook tour 23. Marketing via Facebook
24. What Do I Do Now?
- Start listening to the buzz
- Join Facebook, create your Fan page
25. Thanks! [email_address] [email_address]