The Social Media Amateur - Bill Boorman
Bill Boorman's opening talk at Social Media & Sport Summit in London on 15 July 2010.
- The Social Media Amateur @BillBoorman
- I hang out in
- Wordpress: Recruiting Unblog
- The 8 Big Questions
- Will social media kill traditional marketing?
- Do bloggers have credibility?
- Will twitter go the same way as Myspace?
- Do people talk business on Facebook?
- Will LinkedIn work for sports clubs?
- Do people connect with brands?
- Can you really make money from social?
- The 8 Big answers
- Why me?
- Why Me
- Placed 6 th On-line Influencer for Recruiting Worldwide
- 0 spent on marketing!
- What is Social Media? A person to person conversation with 1000s listening in
- The Biggest Pub in the Universe
- Traditional Marketing is Broadcast
- Social Media is Person to Person
- Time Allocation: 60% Replying 30% Listening 10% New Content Stolen from Chris Brogan: Trust Agents
- The Benefit You Have is That You Already Have Brand advocates
- Make Friends, Acknowledge & Help Your Brand Advocates
- Influence is more important than Advertising I.M.O.
- The Channels Explained
- Linked In
- Interactive and highly searchable list of contacts
- Potential Reach: 59,244 Marketing Managers within 100 Miles of Northampton
- FaceBook Ad Stats
- 827,500 list Liverpool F.C. in interests (UK)
- 80 list Bristol motor Speedway
- FaceBook Ads
- Create Fan Page (Destination)
- Less than 50% of Google Ad-Words
- 140 character conversation
- High Google Ranking through Tagging
- Not Advertising or a Brochure
- More influential than Press (Fashion)
- Going mobile
- 1 billion I-Phone Apps Downloaded
- 73% of Internet sign Ups mobile
- Build The Network First
- Listen & Engage
- Talk First & Sell Last
- Your Questions