How To Relieve Stress with These 10 Relaxation TechniquesPosted by Jeanette McVoy on Apr 29th, 2015
A few good relaxation techniques can save your life, because stress is more than just unpleasant. Its also dangerousto your health. Disciplined practices such as meditation can help relieve that stress, but what if you dont have the timeor motivation?
Maybe you need to try a few of these simple ways to relax.
1. Hug someoneGiving a hug means getting one. As long as its from somebody you dont mind hugging you, this really can berelaxing.
2. Interrupt routinesGo talk to that gal sleeping on the bench at the dog park, or eat lunch on the roof. Just doing anything that breaks youout of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
3. Have a hot showerIt relaxes your muscles, and any break from more stressful activities can help too. Some find that an alternating hotand cold shower is even more relaxing.
4. Try watching your mind
Spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worry, a phone call you need to make), and you can resolvethem and feel more relaxed. If you practice this mindfulness exercise, it may become one of your favorite relaxationtechniques.
5. Try laughingYour own experience shows that this helps you relax, right? Go find a guy that knows all the best jokes, or findsomething funny in front of you.
6. Use relaxing musicKeep your favorite relaxation CD at the office, in the car, or wherever youll need it most.
7. Leave the room for a whileThis can really help if the things in the room or related to it are triggering your stressful thoughts. Why not get out for alittle while?
8. Breath deeplyTry five deep breaths through your nose. Close your eyes and pay attention only to your breathing while doing this. Itslike a mini-meditation, and perhaps the most effective of the quick relaxation techniques.
9. Drink some chamomile teaChamomile tea seems to have a calming effect on the nerves. Any hot tea without caffeine may be relaxing.
10. Walk a whileIf you have at least ten minutes to spare, walking is one of the best relaxation techniques. While youre at it, find apretty place to walk.
Naturally, it is ideal if you can change yourself, so youre naturally more relaxed all of the time. Perhaps the thought ofthe work involved in this just stresses you more. In that case you might have to take it slow, so why not start with oneor two of the simple relaxation techniques above?
To Your Health,
Please give a like to my facebook page . Thanks!