Top 5 Ways to Sell Your Home This Winter Season
Putting a waterfront home for sale in Pittsburgh PA on the market during the winter season is considered more challenging than selling a house during summer. Unfortunately, a lot of home sellers remove their property from the market during the winter season, resulting in less competition. An advantage, though, is the cold weather gives you the opportunity to make a greater impression by showing its warm and cozy charm.
Check out five simple tips on how to successfully sell your home this winter season.
1. Clear the path. The walkways to your lovely home can give a good first impression on your property. Potential buyers sometimes look for properties that are well-maintained and having a clear, pleasant-looking, snow-free walkway is one way to achieve this. Apart from impressing potential buyers at first sight, this step also ensures their safety when walking to your front door.
2. Polish the exterior. Clean windows and a few simple holiday decorations can catch the attention of home buyers. Perfectly polished and bright windows enhance any natural light during winter. Potential buyers see spotless windows of waterfront homes for sale in 3 Rivers Pittsburgh as a sign that the property is well maintained. This can help lighten the mood of guests to your open house. Put up simple but elegant decorations that can create a positive feeling and spread the holiday cheer.
3. Maintain clean floors. In addition to keeping your windows tidy, floors should be mopped and protected. Provide rubber mats or clear runners for buyers to walk along to prevent bringing in tracking in snow, ice or mud. You could also provide comfy slippers or shoe covers in case they do not want to remove their shoes while they take a tour of the house. Either way, it will save time cleaning your floor and help minimize the dirt and water inside your house.
4. Keep a warm environment. Set your thermostat to a temperature that is not too high and not too cold. The warmth inside your house will let your buyers know that your heat system is efficient and gives the impression of a cozy and comfortable home. Lighting a fire can also create an inviting atmosphere by giving warmth into your home. The fireplace can also attract potential buyers so you may consider putting up some decorations around it to emphasize its beauty.
5. Brighten up your home for sale on the river in Pittsburgh. Make sure that all the lighting works and can cover dark areas. If you can, replace your lighting fixtures with new ones to ensure that they will shine bright when turned on. Also, pull back your curtains and let as much natural light as possible to stream in. And lastly, lighting fragrant candles can help cover dark corners and provide homey atmosphere.
Keep in mind that selling your house during this time can be challenging but if you follow these simple tips, you can successfully sell your property.
For even more helpful tips and real estate industry news, visit http://www.SoldByConnie.net.
Call me, Connie Wolff at 724-779-1427 for all your real estate needs. As a trusted luxury REALTOR in Pittsburgh PA, I provide all my clients expert solutions, one yard at a time.