Top 5 Easy Ways to Modernize Your
Lakefront Property in Candlewood Lake
If you plan to sell your home, modernizing it can give it an edge over other lakefront properties in Candlewood Lake. After all, a home that has a contemporary appeal will certainly attract more potential buyers.
Making your home look modern isnt just about buying new stuff and upgrading your appliances. Youll be surprised how easy and inexpensive modernizing your home can be with these tips:
1. Choose the right colorsSince paint colors go in and out of style, it is best to stick with timeless colors. Blue, cream, beige, and even white will always be in style. Neutral colors, when added with right accents like pillows, curtains, and decors, will give your Candlewood Lake lakefront property a fresh and modern look.
2. Hang contemporary artHanging modern pieces of art can instantly liven up your home. Choose art pieces that go well with other details and furnishings of your home and go for a classy combination. Art adds a personal splash of design to any room.
3. Add more windowsIf you have the extra budget, you could add more windows to give your property an edge over other homes for sale in Candlewood Lake. Most modern homes have lots of windows that allow natural light to pour in.
Installing new windows can also make the room feel alive and allows you to save on energy costs because you do not have to turn on the lights on during daytime. It will also attract more buyers since they do not want homes that feel stuffy and dark.
4. Replace old bathroom fixturesAnother easy way to modernize your home is by updating your bathroom fixtures. New efficient faucets, taps, towel racks, and shower heads are conveniently available in home improvement stores.
You can install them yourself with a little help from the internet. Having a sleek high arching single faucet can instantly add a modern touch to your home.
5. Create a work spaceHaving an office in your home will not only give it a modern appeal, its also a strategic move since many people today are either telecommuting or working from home.
To create your own work space, just install a few tiny shelves or a floating cabinet, a desk and a chair. Since the shelves and cabinet are installed on the wall, your home office will not take up too much room.
Sprucing up your home with modern updates could be very easy and cost-effective yet it can do a great deal in increasing the value of your home. Consider these tips to modernize the look and feel of your home. Visit http://www.CandlewoodLakeCTRealEstate.com today for more ideas and tips on home selling, home buying, and home improvement.
If you want to work with a real estate professional who can assist you in buying or selling Candlewood Lake homes, call me,
Deborah Laemmerhirt, at (203) 994-4297. I have the knowledge, expertise, and tools to help you close that deal.