1. #defendthespend 5 Ways to Justify Your Event Marketing Spend Event Marketing Resources Presented By: DoubleDutch Mobile Event Apps @DoubleDutch Justin Gonzalez Marketing Communications Manager @justinSF
2. #defendthespend Event Marketing 21% Digital Advertising 13% Content Marketing 12% Website 8% Agency Fees 7% Customer Marketing 6% Traditional Advertising 6% Public Relations 5% Other 22% Average B2B Marketing Budgets Source: Forrester Research, 2014
3. #defendthespend THINK ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
5. #defendthespend Events have long been a black box of information.
6. #defendthespend When marketing budgets get tight, events are often the first to feel it.
7. #defendthespend BUT, THINK OF THE EXPERIENCE TODAY
8. #defendthespend Are events still a black box?
9. #defendthespend WERE EXPERIENCING A MOBILE MIND SHIFT
10. #defendthespend WE TAKE ALL YOUR EVENT CONTENT
11. #defendthespend MAKE IT SOCIAL & ENGAGING
12. #defendthespend TO GIVE YOU ACTIONABLE INSIGHTS
13. #defendthespend Why spend money on events? Create the Ultimate Connected Brand Experience Deliver Content to a Captive Audience Identify and Leverage Advocates Enable Face-to-Face Connections Generate Valuable Business
14. #defendthespend Events are the ultimate connected brand experience. #defendthespend
15. #defendthespend CMOs must reimagine how their customers are exposed to and experience their brand. Why Brand Experience is the New Brand Management Forrester, 2014
16. #defendthespend Every touch point at your event presents an avenue for brand exposure. Landing Pages Emails + Digital Ads Event Day
17. #defendthespend Events deliver content to a captive audience. #defendthespend
18. #defendthespend Buyers go through 57% of the purchasing process before even talking to sales. ExecutiveBoard.com
19. #defendthespend 75% of attendees cite events as a valuable source of content. The State of Event Marketing HubSpot, 2014
20. #defendthespend Events are the perfect place to deliver curated content to a captive audience.
21. #defendthespend Events reveal who are your brand advocates. #defendthespend
22. #defendthespend 92% of consumers globally say they trust recommendations from people they know above all other forms of advertising. Global Consumers Trust in Earned Advertising Grows in Importance Nielsen
23. #defendthespend Imagine all your stakeholders in a single room, sharing real-life experiences. Customers Brand Advocates Leads / Prospects
24. #defendthespend Events enable you to identify your advocates and turn leads into customers.
25. #defendthespend Events supercharge the face-to-face meeting. #defendthespend
26. #defendthespend 40% of prospects converted to new customers via face-to-face meetings. Meetings Deliver Meeting Professionals International
27. #defendthespend 28% of current business would be lost without face-to-face meetings. Meetings Deliver Meeting Professionals International
28. #defendthespend Events are the final frontier for face-to-face marketing.
30. #defendthespend Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities. Calculating the ROI from Lead Nurturing DemandGen Report
31. #defendthespend Events are your best shot at warming up a cold lead. 4 Weeks Out 3 Weeks Out 2 Weeks Out 1 Week Out Begin Social Media Begin Online Advertising Invitations Reminders Begin Promotions Event Begin Press Outreach
32. #defendthespend Events are your best shot at warming up a cold lead. Post-Event 1 Week Later 2 Weeks Later 3 Weeks Later Sales Outreach MKTG Follow-ups Sales Follow-ups Demos
33. #defendthespend How to #DefendTheSpend: Create the Ultimate Connected Brand Experience Deliver Content to a Captive Audience Identify and Leverage Advocates Enable Face-to-Face Connections Generate Valuable Business
34. #defendthespend 5 Ways to Justify Your Event Marketing Spend Event Marketing Resources Presented By: DoubleDutch Mobile Event Apps @DoubleDutch Justin Gonzalez Marketing Communications Manager @justinSF