2. Heres a tried and tested easy recipe for a successful paella! About the recipe: This recipe is for seafood paella, one of the most popular ways to eat it! However, if youre not a seafood fan, you can easily substitute the seafood ingredients for chicken (or extra vegetables if you are a vegetarian).
3. Ingredients: To make enough paella for 4 people, we suggest: 200g rice (risotto/paella rice) 1 onion, diced 2 cloves of garlic, crushed 1 green pepper, chopped 1 large tomato, chopped 100g squid, chopped 100g clams 100g prawns 2 Lemons, quartered, to garnish 500ml vegetable stock (if you can get hold of seafood or fish stock, that would be even better!) A pinch of saffron (if you can't find saffron, turmeric is a good substitute) Olive oil A little rosemary Salt
4. Steps: 1, 2 and 3! 1. Start by de-heading and peeling the prawns. 2. Put the prawns in a saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil for 5 minutes. 3. Strain the prawns, but make sure you keep the stock, youll need it later!
5. Steps: 4 and 5! 4. Fry the squid in a large frying pan (without any fat or oil). Once it is cooked, take it out of the pan and put it to one side for later. 5. In the same pan, fry the onion, garlic, green pepper and tomato with a little olive oil for about 10 minutes.
6. Steps: 6, 7 and 8! 6. Add the saffron, squid and rice, and give everything a stir. 7. Add the stock that you cooked the prawns in earlier. You will need about twice as much stock as rice, so if you dont have enough, add a little water to the stock. 8. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. In the last 5 minutes, add the clams, prawns, and rosemary.
7. Steps: 9 and 10! 9. Taste the rice: if it's still a little firm, add a little extra water and cook for a couple more minutes. Add salt to taste, and place the lemon quarters around the dish. 10. Let the rice sit for about 5 minutes, and then .ENJOY!