- 1. Haiku and WiziQ for Teaching Literacy Skills By Deanna Lopez Ed 567 Literacy and Technology Wow Project Summer 2010
2. Educating 21 stCentury Learners
- Education as we may have know it is drastically changing to meet the needs of our 21 stcentury Learners.
- Teachers strive to incorporate the use of technology to create a Classroom 2.0 learning environment for their students.
3. Integrating Technology
- Haiku and WiZiQ are two websites for teachers to use to incorporate technology into their classrooms.
- Through e-teaching and e-learning teachers can use Haiku and WiZiQ to incorporate technology into the curriculum.
- Haiku Learning Management System is a way for teachers to create an e-class. By creating the following for their class.
5. Benefits of using Haiku
- Haiku Learning Management Systems is a user-friendly site that allows teachers to assign homework, administer content, provide practice quizzes and assessments for their students, auto grade and collaborate with students all on-line. Creating an e-class.
- WiZiQ is a web based platform that allows teachers and students to communicate in real time using:
7. Benefits of WiZiQ
- WiZiQ is a virtual classroom that allows teachers to instruct and collaborate with students in real time.
- Teachers and students can use Whiteboards and/or Power Point presentations to enhance learning or to present assigned projects.
- Both Haiku and QiZiQ offer:
- Free online e-class environments
- Offer e-teaching experiences
- Offer e-learning experiences
- Provide collaboration between teacher and students
- Teachers can post assignments, tests and grade for students to access on this site.
- Teachers communicate with students through messaging.
- Teachers meet with students in real time through a virtual classroom from anywhere around the world
- Collaborate through various communication tools, Whiteboards and Power Point presentations.
10. WiZiQ Video
11. Haiku LMS Video
12. Thank you for watching