1. Editing, Proofreading, and Copy Editing: What's the Difference? https://polishedpaper.com
2. Imagine you have a piece of writing you need help with. You start surfing the Web, and you find a company that offers Professional Proofreading Services, Professional Editing Services, and Copy Editing Services. You think, Arent proofreading, copy editing, and editing the same? No. There is some overlap, but the focus differs.
3. A person offering Professional Proofreading Services will focus on grammar and spelling. Do your subjects and verbs agree? Do your pronouns refer back to something, and are you using the right one? Are you using commas, colons, and semi-colons correctly? Do you use the correct spelling, hyphenation, and capitalization? A person offering Copy Editing Services will do all that AND assess your visuals: Do they contain errors? Are they effective?
4. A person offering Professional Editing Services will provide Professional Proofreading Services and more. That person will look at your writing at the level of the sentence, paragraph, and essay, ensuring variety in word choice and sentence structure, checking that you include a thesis statement and topic sentences, and keeping an eye out for gaps (in your argument, level of detail, and references). You decide you want Professional Editing Services. Now what? How do Academic Editing Services, Admissions Essay Editing, Business Editing Services, Dissertation Editing Services, and Journal Article Editing differ?
5. As with the difference between Professional Proofreading Services, Copy Editing Services, and Professional Editing Services, the main difference is focus. Who is your target audience? What do they expect? Academic Editing Services are usually for undergraduate students, who write for professors. Such an editor will focus even more on structure and organization. The editor will ask the following: Do you respond to the prompt? Do you have a thesis? Is it narrow enough? Does each paragraph express a single idea and with sufficient detail? Are the text and outside sources cited correctly? Is the language scholarly?
6. Admissions Essay Editing Services are for students applying to college, graduate school, or a specialized program. Such an editor will ensure that you demonstrate who you are personally, professionally, and academically. The editor will help you set yourself apart from the crowd and show you have the necessary qualities to excel. Dissertation Editing Services are similar to Academic Editing Services except that they are for a special kind of academic writing: dissertations and theses. Such an editor will ensure that all the requisite parts are present and fully fleshed out: Introduction, Problem Statement, Research Questions, Literature Review, Methodology, Data Analysis, Results, Limitations, Conclusion, and References.
7. Journal Article Editing services are similar to Dissertation Editing Services except that they must comply with the requirements of a specific journal. They are also geared more toward practitioners in the field, so such an editor will ensure that you use the highest level of academic language and the appropriate lingo. Business Editing Services differ from all the others. Here you are appealing to non-academics and possibly non- practitioners. The language must be sharp and exciting. Such an editor will focus on spelling, basic grammar, consistency, and voice.
8. Contact us Polished Paper LLC, 1923 Bragg St. #140-2376 USA (United State of America) Sanford North Carolina 27330 Phone number: 1-855-974-4102 Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org https://www.facebook.com/PolishedPaper https://twitter.com/PolishedPaper https://plus.google.com/+PolishedpaperLLC https://www.linkedin.com/company/polished-paper-llc