Editing log - Bart
1. BTEC Creative Media Production: Unit 20 Editing Log Date: 6th January What the group did today:What the group did this lesson: Uploaded Footage. Via USB Cable. - Bart Put The Footage Into Bins. - Munira Chose The Footage We Wanted To Keep. - AmadWhy we did this:We uploaded the footage because we needed it to make our documentary and without clips we couldnt. The reason we had put the footage into bins is so that we could find the clips easier when putting them onto the timeline. For example all our footage of the chess pieces was put into the Chess Pieces Bin. The reason we had chosen the footage we wanted to keep is to separate the ones that matched our focus. Our focus was the origins of them so we kept the footage which gave information based on the origins.I was personally responsible for:In this lesson I was personally responsible for uploading the footage from all the cameras to the designated mac for our group.The purpose/impact/effect of this was:The purpose of this was to actually be able to make a documentary, without footage there would be no documentary. The impact was that something could be played once we put the footage on the timeline. The effect this gave is that we could look over the footage again to decide whether it was needed or if it was good or bad. 2. BTEC Creative Media Production: Unit 20 Editing Log Date: 8th January What the group did today:What the group did this lesson: Started our rough cut of the documentary - Bart Started to edit the clips - Munira Synced the better audio for certain clips - Amad Worked with Nick and his colleague from Chocolate Films The whole groupWhy we did this:We started working on our rough cut of the documentary so when Nick had come, we could show him some of our work and the progress being made. We also started editing the clips using particular tools such as the Pen And Blade tools to shorten or cut our clips and the pen tool to create fades for either the audio or visuals. And to add some transitions between clips. The reason we had synced the footage with the sound recording is to get a clearer sound than the cameras audio detection.I was personally responsible for:The purpose/impact/effect of this was:We worked with Nick to help us sync the footage and to show us how its done and its benefits. I Was personally responsible for putting most of the clips together to produce something that could be graded on, But as it was only a rough cut it was not to the best standard.The purpose of putting the clips on to the timeline is so that a film could be made, putting the clips together to make a sequential documentary / Film. The effect of this was to show some of the footage we had gathered to the British Museum curators and the Chocolate films Crew. 3. BTEC Creative Media Production: Unit 20 Editing Log Date: 14th January What the group did today:What the group did this lesson: Produced music for the documentary using Garageband. Shot extra footage. Tidied up the timeline/footage.Why we did this:For our documentary we produced a song which would make it livelier. We used Garageband to do so. This also covered the silence between footage. We shot extra footage as some footage was missing for our public interviews. The reason we had tidied up the timeline is because some footage was not rendered or some clips had irrelevant bits which had to be cut out.I was personally responsible for:In this lesson I was personally responsible for shooting the extra footage of two more public interviews and uploading it to the Macs.The purpose/impact/effect of this was:The purpose of this was so we could add to the existing public interviews which we only had one so we needed more. The impact of this meant we could add the footage and make the public interviews scene more fluid. The effect was an extended documentary with more than just one public interview. 4. BTEC Creative Media Production: Unit 20 Editing Log Date: 18th January What the group did today:What the group did this lesson: Changed song Responded to teachers feedback Looked over footage for mistakes / not rendered scenes and any other errors. Exported the documentary into a filmWhy we did this:The reason we had to change our song is that it was not long enough to play throughout the whole documentary. It also had a few jumps and glitches. We looked over the footage to seek any bits that were not rendered, missing or just faulty and so we could fix it. We exported the final cut pro file into a QuickTime movie so we could upload it to YouTube.I was personally responsible for:I was personally responsible for checking over the footage and also commenting on the feedback that miss OPM gave us and helped us understand what we needed to improve the documentary.The purpose/impact/effect of this was:The purpose of checking over the footage was to simply find any errors or faults in our documentary. The impact of this was that we was reassured that our documentary was finished. The effect was that we could now export the movie so that we could upload it. And the purpose of commenting on the feedback was to understand the things which were needed to be done to improve our documentary.