This is a presentation for the National workshop on Development of Self-Learning Materials (SLM) for distance and online learning, 2009. Presentation on 19/09/2009.
- 1.Designing Online Learning, Web 2.0 & Online Learning Resources National Workshop on Development of Self Learning Materials for Distance and Online Learning 2009 Sanjaya Mishra
2. What is Online Learning? 3. What is Online Learning?
4. What is Online Learning? (Source: Sharma & Mishra, 2007) 5. What is Online Learning? Online learning can be defined as the new age Open and Distance Learning that uses network technologies to deliver teaching and learning and interaction for sense-making and development of understanding and knowledge. (Source: Mishra, 2001) 6. Types of Online Learning Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Web integrated in a course (f2f/DL) to supplement teaching Web used in a mixed mode (as blended learning) Web used independently as a stand alone system 7. Characteristics of Online Learning? 8. Characteristics of Online Learning Online Learning Interactive Learning ICT Support & Management Student Centred Learning Flexible & Self-paced Learning Adaptive Learning Resource based Learning Collaborative Learning 9. Framework for Designing Online Environment Constructivism Learning activities Learner support Content Behaviourism Cognitivism
- Participation in discussion forum
- Synchronous chat -counselling
- Objective-based couse units
(Source: Mishra, 2002) 10. Another Instructional Design Model (Source: Sharma & Mishra, 2007) CONSTRUCT REFLECT INTERACT EXPERIENCE 11. Tools and Technologies Group Chat, Discussion board MANY-TO-MANY Conferencing Paradigm E-mail, Mailing list, Forum E-mail, Mailing lists, DiscussionGroup chat, Discussion board, Forum ONE-TO-MANY Bulletin Board Paradigm E-mail, Chat (social/learning) E-mail, Chat ONE-TO-ONE E-mail Paradigm Interactive Web pages, FAQs, Help ONE-ALONE WWW Paradigm LEARNER-LEARNER LEARNER-MENTOR LEARNER-CONTENT INTERACTION METHOD (Source: Mishra, 2001) 12. What is Web 2.0?
- Combination of variety of services on the Web
- Term coined by Dale Dougherty of O'Reilly Media in 2004
- CoversBlogs .Wikis ,Social bookmarking ,Social networking ,Podcasting ,Aggregator/ Feed reader (RSS/Atom)
13. Difference between Web 1.0 and Web 2.0?
- User as passive consumer of information
- User as active generator of information
14. Building Online Learning Environment
- Development of a Blueprint
- Institutional preparation
- Learning material development
15. Integrated Learning Environments
- A standard way to organize materials
- Prior evidence of the environments effectiveness in instructional uses
- Support all instructional activities: Course design, delivery, grading, student administration
- Collaborative learning: built in email, discussion groups, chat, blogs, wikis, etc.
16. Online Learning Resources
- Open Educational Resources
17. Tasks in the Session Create YourWikispace Create YourBlog Create YourSocialBookmark Create YourSocial Network Create YourDiscussionGroup Create YourPodcast Create YourVodcast Create YourSlideshare 18. Thank You...
- Your questions, comments are welcome
- Visithttp:// www.slideshare.net/missanto view this presentation