- 1. The Bright Bengal Tiger By: Ben Novotny
2. Bengal tigers are rare to find
- Bengal tigers have cream - colored fur, chocolate colored stripes, and blue eyes
- They are 2 and a half to 3 feet paw to head
- They are 6.3 to 7.3 feet long
- None of them have the same stripe patterns
- The species is called Panther Tigris
3. These are some pictures of a Bengal tiger 4. Their habitat is pretty hot
- The Bengal tiger lives in places that are 78 degrees in the winter and 91to 96 degrees in the summer
- They live in India, Bhutan, and Bangladesh
- These places are in Asia and touching
- They live at zoos, in preserves, and in the wild
5. The Bengal tiger sleeps very long.
- This tiger eats pigs, buffalo, deer, and antelope
- It sleeps up to 18 hours a day
- The Bengal tiger hunts for its food
- It hunts during the night - time
- These tigers have sharp teeth for eating meat, they can swim to catch water buffalo, and have great night vision for night hunting.
- These animals are on the top of the food chain.
6. Bengal tigers have long gestation periods (time till cub is born).
- It takes 100 to 119 days for a cub to be born
- The name of the male Bengal tiger is tiger
- The name of a female Bengal tiger is tigris
- The baby Bengal tiger is called a cub
7. Bengal tigers have lots of enemies.
- Almost all their enemies are us
- Their enemies are hunters, pest control, Chinese medicine makers, cheetahs, leopards, and other tigers
- There are laws toprotect them,though
- The law is the endangered species law of 1973
8. These tigers are amazing!
- They can eat more than our weight in one more meal
- Their roar can be heard up to 2 miles