- 10 Things They Don't Teach You in College About Entrepreneurship
10 Things They Don't Teach You in College About Entrepreneurship
Presentation I gave to the Northeastern University Entrepreneurship Club on February 14th, 2012.This presentation covers what I and friends I spoke with said were the things they wished they'd learned in school as well as how to start learning those skills while in school.
- 1.10 Things About Entrepreneurship They Dont Teach You in College and how to learn them Jason EvanishCEO / Co-FounderGreenhorn Connect, LLC February 14, 2012 Entrepreneurs Club Northeastern University
2. Who am I?
- Co-founder Greenhorn Connect
3. 10 Things About Entrepreneurship They Dont Teach You in College and how to learn them 4. First, a Public Service Announcement 5. #10: How to Email 6. How to really email
- Use thehttp://three.sentenc.es/Model:
- Greeting + Who you & your startup are
- What youre looking for / Why contacting
7. Three.Sentenc.es Example
- My name is Jason Evanish and Im the founder ofGreenhornConnect.com , a site with all the startup resources, events and jobs in Boston.
- Were currently working hard to improve our customer acquisition and Janet told me youre an expert in this. Id love to hear some of your insights.
- Would you be available for coffee or a call next week?You can see my availability here:http://tungle.me/Evanish
8. #9: How to Ask for Help & Engage Mentors 9. What to do
10. #8: How to $ell 11. Learn How to Sell Anything! www.youtube.com / watch?v =zCf46yHIzSo 12. #7: How to Live Lean 13. Greenhorn Hacks for Living Lean 14. #6: How to Lead a Team 15. How to Learn to Lead Class Projects 16. #5: How to work with people in other disciplines 17. Start a Side Project 18. Try to Learn and Ask for Help! 19. #4: How to Build a Network 20. Everything You Need to Know About Networking 21. and a site you might find helpful for networking in Boston 22. #3: The Who, What, When, Where, Why & How of Fundraising 23. 24. Signs Youre Ready to Raise Money
- You have payingcustomers or millions of users.
- You know exactly how much money you need.
- You know how youd spend it to the last dollar.
- You can demonstrate the market potential.
25. #2: Pattern Matching 26. Pattern Matching Forming your own opinion based on hearing views from others. 27. #1: Handling Failure 28. Solution Start Something! 29. Coming Feb 22 nd@ The BU School of ManagementSign up here:http:// bostonstartupfair.eventbrite.com Work at a Startup! 30. Contact Info
- The site:www.GreenhornConnect.com
- Greenhorn Linked in Group