Places to find school supplies:
Supermarkets like Carrefour, Auchan have a big selection of the
most popular items
Bookstores (Papeteries) like Univers du Livre in Saint Germain
en Laye and in Orgeval have harder to find items
Office Supply stores like Bureau Valle (Port Marly, Orgeval) give
them your school supplies lists and they will put everything
together for you
Internet : officedepot.fr, jm-bruneau.fr, top-office.com, cultura.com.
Welcome Program CIF 2012 1
10 hardest to understand items:
1. Feuilles mobiles/volante/Seyes : looseleaf paper
2. Copies doubles grands / petits carreaux : French specialty! (A4 vs A5)
4. Chemise avec rabat : folder with elastic straps
5. Lutins / Protge-vue : transparent document covers
6. Protge-cahier : plastic notebook covers
7. Grand cahier (21 x 29.7 A4) vs. Tres Grand Cahier (24 x 32 A5) :
notebook (various sizes)
8. Intercalaires : dividers (plastic or cardboard)
9. Carton dessin : drawing paper
10. Ardoise et feutres Velleda : white board and white board markers
11. Typex : white-out
Welcome Program CIF 2012 2
See our website for photos and a more complete list of items
Tip: Be sure
to save your
case you buy
Welcome Program CIF 2012 3
- With wheels
Externs need only carry their section supplies 2 days a week in Primary. So maybe a separate schoolbag is a good idea, to keep their minds separated
Primary : can keep their school supplies in their desk.
And should bring back home only what is necessary for homework.
Middle school : lockers for 6th and 7th graders,
BUT always very heavy bags, no matter what storage solution exists.
Unusual topography : lots of stairs and hills to climb!
And the bus stop is all the way to the top
A price difference of roughly 10 euros between the 2 options.
Welcome Program CIF 2012 4
- In Primary, only revisions allowed, no new acquisition. Should be less than
30 minutes/day. And usually not written. But more is given during WE and
Section homework : all homework is independent from the French side. The
specifications need to be seen with each individual Section.
IF encoutering problems :
Step 1 for French homework : Write a note in the cahier de liaison to
establish contact with the teacher,
Step 2 : Contact parent PEC, who will contact teacher on your behalf, and
set up a meeting.
Finding help outside of school :
On APELI site, list of Big Brothers/Sisters willing to tutor. Or within each Section.
Some teachers could also agree to some tutoring. To inquire individually.
Welcome Program CIF 2012 5
Tips on keeping/raising language level
Keeping your language
Films/DVDs in mother tongue,
Playdates with Section classmates
Summer camps in France
Centre de Loisirs in your town
Films/TV in French,
Welcome Program CIF 2012 6
Yes, you can
- We all did
- Bonne chance !
Welcome Program CIF 2012 7