- Position Description Head of Marketing and Sales Yume – a B2B marketplace for quality surplus food products that connects suppliers with buyers through our online platform. Yume has
Position Description Head of Marketing and Sales Yume – a B2B marketplace for quality surplus food products that connects suppliers with buyers through our online platform. Yume has
www.yumefood.com.au Position Description Head of Marketing and Sales ___________________________________________________________________ Reports to CEO Responsible for Overall…
Head of Marketing and Sales
Reports to CEO
Responsible for Overall management of marketing and sales strategy
Business development (3)
Yume Management Team
Meet Yume – a B2B marketplace for quality surplus food products that
connects suppliers with buyers through our online platform. Yume has
embarked on a quest to ensure that all good food is enjoyed, which is better
for the planet and for the people that inhabit it.
Join us on our mission of a World Without Waste and become part of an
ethically driven business creating revolutionary change in the food industry!
Each year 3.9 million tonnes of food gets discarded by the Australian
commercial food sector. Yume is a business driven by the passion and grit of
each and every one of its team members. The team love to work at Yume
because they feel part of something that is making a positive impact on their
community and planet.
The Head of Marketing and Sales position is an exciting new role which brings
together the Marketing and Business Development teams under one
umbrella. The Head of Marketing and Sales will be accountable for revenue
growth of the company driven by an integrated marketing and business
development strategy. Yume is looking to scale and needs to combine and
complement outreach sales techniques with a dynamic marketing plan to
generate inbound sales. If you are up for the challenge we would love to
speak to you!
You can read more about Yume in The Guardian and StartupSmart or hear
directly from our Founder Katy Barfield
This senior position of Head of Marketing and Sales will be responsible for the
marketing and sales strategy and management of the marketing team and
business development team. This includes but is not limited to:
• Setting the strategic direction for the revenue growth of the company
through a holistic marketing and business development strategy
• Leading the execution of the sales and marketing strategy to expand
sales base and meet company profit target
• Prospecting for potential new Suppliers & Buyers and turn this into
increased business that achieves the agreed revenue and food rescue
• Creating, executing and measuring B2B marketing campaigns through
email marketing, integrated brand partnerships, content marketing,
traditional PR and digital marketing.
• Leveraging data to understand what works for Yume and help inform
• Identifying and managing new business opportunities in line with
• Presenting to the Board of Directors each month on marketing and
sales progress, goals, objectives and key metrics
• Developing communications for buyers, suppliers and key stakeholders
• Working closely with the CEO to ensure that the marketing and
business development team are on track to achieve KPIs
• Managing the marketing and sales budget to ensure all costs are
• Managing expectations of key stakeholders such as investors, the
Board of Directors, Buyers, Suppliers and external agencies
• 5+ years in a marketing/sales management position
• Deep understanding of the digital marketing space
• Experience in online marketplace growth an advantage but not
• Proven sales management success with strong experience in
developing the growth strategy of a business
• A ‘wear-many-hats’ and, ‘get-your-hands-dirty’ attitude
• Experience in developing B2B marketing strategies
• A track record of successfully leading innovative and impactful
• An ability to multitask in a fast paced, growing environment.
• A passion for reducing food waste in Australia
• Tertiary qualifications in marketing an advantage but not essential
• Access to the Employee Share Option Plan
• Working in the heart of Windsor, metres from Windsor Station and
some of Melbourne’s best lunch spots!
• A great culture and team, working in a flat structure, who love to
laugh and are incredibly passionate and dedicated to the Yume
• Pet friendly office
• Know that every day when you wake up you are having a positive
impact on the environment and a real tangible impact on reducing
This position is a management level position in a very fast-paced start-up
environment. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position will require a
creative, analytical and innovative ‘out of the box’ thinker who will be
responsible for driving growth in the business.
The successful candidate will have exceptional sales strategy knowledge,
data analysis skills, stakeholder engagement skills, strong time management,
exceptional attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and
communication skills. In addition, you will have a reputation for being highly
creative and ideally with experience in innovative B2B marketing campaigns.
This is a truly unique opportunity for a highly motivated professional. In
return, you will be rewarded with a fun and dynamic working environment
within a business where you are making a real difference!
If you think you could bring something remarkable to this role, please send an
email to email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and your
answers to the two questions below. You will need to answer the two
questions for your application to be considered.
1. What is the most exciting thing you’ve learnt in the past year that
would be applicable to this role?
2. Tell us about a time where you maximised your impact with limited
resources. We’d like to hear about whacky and innovative solutions!