- 1.Black History Month Event Our Living Heritage
Introduction by Stacey 2. We should emphasize not Negro History, but the Negro in history. What we need is not a history of selected races or nations, but the history of the world void of national bias, race hate, and religious prejudice. ~Carter Woodson, 1926 3. Drummer Dhel 4. The Black National AnthemSung by Ms. Wanda KatepasABE Class 5. SLIDE PRESENTATION 6. SLIDE PRESENTATION (cont.) 7. From African Queens and Kings Presented by Margaret 8. To Slavery and The Underground Railroad You have seen how a man was made a slave; you shall see how a slave was made a man. ~Frederick Douglass 9. Jim Crow Laws Presented by Stacey 10. Abolitionist Movement 11. Black History Leaders Presented by Fredrick 12. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skinbut by the content of their character. I Have a Dream Speechread by Student Presented by Tyrone 13. Still I Rise by Maya Angelou Read by Jacqueline 14. Original Poetry Reading Read by Latika 15. Poetry Reading Read by Tina 16. Original Poem and Song Song by Kim 17.
- Sung by everyone at the Mid-City Black History Event
18. Enjoying the Posters and Learning 19. Students learn about our own Chancellor Constance Carroll & Mid-City ABE Instructor Chinazom Iwuaba 20. Our Living Heritage Board 21. The Event and Students 22. 23. 24. 25. Appreciating the Presentation 26. 27. 28. Opportunity Drawing Winners 29. Faculty and Staff 30. Mid-City ASB 31. A Great Time was had by All! 32.
- The Mid-City ASB Black History Committee-for all their hard work you were awesome!
- San Diego Community College Continuing Education Diversity Committee for your support and endorsement of our event
- Jamila DeCarli-our photographer for the event
- All the student presenters great job
- Faculty and staff- for informing the students
- Farzad Pishyar-IT and PowerPoint
- Jesus Lagunaand crew set up and break down of event
- And finally Mid-City ASB BRAVO
Special Thanks to: