Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
Keep your backpack (and your life...and your presentation) simple and light!
- SIMPLIFYsimplifySI MPLIFY
- THERES T HIS MOVIEUP in the AIR
- it sABOUT A GUY WHO FIRES PEOPLE
- HE GIVES ADVICE to aYOUNG COLLEAGUE
- How muchDOES YOUR LIFEWEIGH? Imagine for a second that youre carrying a backpack
- I want you to pack it with all the stuff that you have in your life Start with the little things.The shelves, the drawers, then you start adding larger stuff the backpack should be getting pretty heavy now
- You go bigger.Your couch, yourcar, your homestuff it all into thatbackpack. Now fill itwith people.Start with casualacquaintances, friends offriends, your brothers,your sisters
- . into t hat bag.. themYou get FEEL WEIGHT the of THAT BAG...
- THINK of your PRESENTATION as a BACKPACK
- FE E L theWE I G H T of it
- CAN YOU CARRY IT OR IS IT DRAGGING EASILY? ALONG?
- IS IT BOGGED DOWN BY TOO MANYWORDS, VISUALS OR SLIDES?
- The weight of your backpack(YOUR PRES ENTATION) will be on your audiences shoulders when youre done.
- DONT make their BACKPACKS HEAVIER WITH YOUR PRESENTATION
- REMEMBERTHEIR BACKPACKSare already FULL
- DONTMA KE THEM FIT SOMETHINGcu mbersome & bulky IN THERE
- SIMPLICITY is KEY
- PRETEND LIKE YOU HAVE TO PAY forEVERY WORD YOU USE
- SAY ONLY WHAT is trulyNECESSARY
- How can youSIMPLIFYYOUR BACKPACK?