1. 2015 TENNIS A guide to local advertising opportunities
2. Your Customers, Delivered Tennis at a Glance Why Advertise in Tennis? Full Court Coverage Ratings Success AGENDA
3. TENNIS AT A GLANCE
4. TENNIS AT-A-GLANCE With 61 tournaments in 30 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the worlds most exciting venues. From Australia to Europe and the Americas to Asia, the stars of the 2014 ATP World Tour will battle for prestigious titles and Emirates ATP Rankings points at ATP World Tour Masters 1000, 500 and 250 events, as well as Grand Slams (non ATP events). The WTA is the global leader in women's professional sport with more than 2,500 players representing 92 nations competing for a record $118 million in prize money at the WTA's 54 events and four Grand Slams in 33 countries. Close to 5.4 million people attended women's tennis events in 2013 with millions more watching on television and digital channels around the world.
5. TODAYS ATP DRAWS Novak Djorkovic Currently ranked #1 and has been on the tour since 2003. Roger Federer Ranked #2 with 17 years of pro tennis experience. Rafael Nadal Ranked as #3 on the tour with 15 years on the court. Stanislas Warinka Ranked #4 and has 13 years as a singles player. David Ferrer Ranked #5 and has 15 years as a pro on the tour.
6. TODAYS WTA DRAWS Serena Williams Currently ranked #1 and has been on the tour since 1995. Maria Sharapova Ranked #2 with 14 years of pro tennis experience. Simona Halep Ranked #3 on the tour with 9 years on the court. Petra Kvitova Ranked #4 and has 9 years as a pro on the tour. Na Li Ranked #5 and has 15 years as a singles player.
7. WHY ADVERTISE IN TENNIS?
8. WHY ADVERTISE IN TENNIS? Advertising in Tennis games of regional and/or local interest can help associate your business with the loyalty and passion consumers have for their favorite player. All eyes will be on Juan Martin del Potro as he makes his triumphant return in 2015. Sidelined by a wrist surgery since early 2014, the former World #4 Juan has been practicing well and has his sights set on the Australian Open. Roger Federer chases the top spot currently held by Djokovic and hopes to reclaim the lead and be World #1. Federer, the year-end No. 1 from 2004-07 and in 2009 is looking to become the second player to hold, lose and regain the year-end No. 1 mantle on two occasions. Rafael Nadal became the first to accomplish the feat last year, following his previous No. 1 finishes in 2008 and 2010. Powered by the best serve in the womens game can The USAs Serena Williams hold the top spot and be #1 in the World in 2015? From 2002 through 2003 she won four consecutive Grand Slam singles titles (2002 French Open, 2002 Wimbledon, 2002 U.S. Open, 2003 Australian Open), a feat that was dubbed the Serena Slam. Williams is the fifth woman, behind Maureen Connolly, Margaret Court, Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf, to hold all four major titles simultaneously.
9. MENS TENNIS ATTRACTS AN AFFLUENT AND WELL-EDUCATED AUDIENCE SCOUTING REPORT Source: Scarborough USA Plus Research, Fe13-Mar14, Total Survey Area, Adults 18+ Target: Sports View Cable TV netwks Ps yr.:: Mens tennis (ATP) Population: 241,532,596 Qualitative Population: 12,316,320 69% are homeowners Nearly 70% have a college education 55% are married 12% 15% 15% 19% 18% 19% 0% 10% 20% 30% 18-24 25-34 35-44 45-54 55-64 65+ Age Base: Adults 18+ Men 64% Women 35% TARGET: WATCHED TENNIS ON CABLE TV
10. WOMENS TENNIS ATTRACTS AN AFFLUENT AND WELL-EDUCATED AUDIENCE SCOUTING REPORT Source: Scarborough USA Plus Research, Fe13-Mar14, Total Survey Area, Adults 18+ Target: Sports View Cable TV netwks Ps yr.:: Womens tennis (WTA) Population: 241,532,596 Qualitative Population: 11,147,312 67% are homeowners Over 65% have a college education 53% are married 10% 14% 15% 20% 19% 19% 0% 10% 20% 30% 18-24 25-34 35-44 45-54 55-64 65+ Age Base: Adults 18+ Men 56%Women 43% TARGET: WATCHED TENNIS ON CABLE TV
11. FULL COURT COVERAGE
12. Early Court Action in 2015 (January - April) Australian Open January 19 February 1 BNP Paribas Open March 9 March 22 Miami Open March 23 April 5 Family Circle Cup April 4 April 12 Later Matches (May - September) French Open May 24 to June 7 Wimbledon June 29 to July 12 US Open August 31 September 13 Cox Media offers close to 150 days of court coverage and 250 hours of mens and womens pairings providing strong national audiences through top player match-ups, and a full slate of tournaments for the hard-core tennis fan. CABLES FULL COURT COVERAGE
13. ALIGN YOUR CLIENT WITH THESE BRANDS A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS
14. RATINGS SUCCESS
15. 2014 ATP TOUR SUCCESS Mens Final at Wimbledon on ESPN July 6, 2014 averaged a 1.96 HH, a 1.69 M35+, and a 1.83 M55+ coverage area rating. Mens Quarterfinals at the US Open on ESPN September 4, 2014 averaged a 1.49 HH, a 1.60 M55+, and a 1.42 W55+ coverage area rating. The Australian Open Semi Finals had solid ratings early in the year on ESPN January 24, 2014 with 1.57 M18-24 coverage area rating. Source: National Numbers Reflect Coverage Area HH Ratings from Nielsens National People Meter Sample; may include viewing from ADS/Satellite Homes NATIONAL AUDIENCE