- Stakeholder Engagement in Emerging/Frontier markets, October 2014, London
Stakeholder Engagement in Emerging/Frontier markets, October 2014, London
How to effectively engage stakeholders in frontier markets
An exclusive two-day executive training workshop, certified by the CSR Training Institute. 30-31 October, 2014, London. Twenty executives will spend two intense days learning from and with global experts on how to effectively engage stakeholders in emerging markets. This course is a practical blend of lectures, case studies, discussions, dilemma-solving group work and individual reflection. The two-day programme combines real-world tools and strategies with strategic insights and down-to-earth approaches. These will equip executives to engage and work better with stakeholders especially in lean or frontier markets.
- Findouthowtheworld'sleadingextractivecompanies engagestakeholderssuccessfully Learnhowyourcompanycangetdifficultengagement right,inprocess,inpracticeandontheground Discoverhowtomakethecaseformoreresources toseniormanagement–andhowtomakethatstick Experttipsfromyourpeersinaclosedenvironment,learn fromthosewhogotitright,andwrong Ourexpertstakingpartinthisworkshophaveexperienceatworking withcompaniessuchasArcelorMittal,BP,AngloAmerican,Rexam, GoldenStar,BHPBilliton,Shell,andmanyothers “You will not leave the programme with a bunch of ‘answers’. You will leave much better equipped to ask smart questions, and with a network and framework that can help develop answers to those questions.” Wayne Dunn, Professor of Practice in Corporate Social Responsibility,McGillUniversity All our team have long and considerable experience in emerging market stakeholder engagement. They will use their skills and expertise to both teach participants but also to facilitate discussions and problem solving. COURSE LEADERS INCLUDE: www.innovation-forum.co.uk/stakeholder-engagement WayneDunn FounderandPresident CSRTraningInstitute ProfessorofPracticeinCSR McGillUniversity READFULLBIOHERE DrPeterDavis LeadingGlobalConsultantonemergingmarkets andstakeholderengagement Authorof“Corporations,GlobalGovernance andPost-ConflictReconstruction” READFULLBIOHERE TobiasWebb Founder | InnovationForum Founder | EthicalCorporation CSRLecturer UniversityofLondon READFULLBIOHERE IgnacioGavilan FormerSeniorManager,SupplyChains andCSR/Stakeholderengagement McDonald's,BP&Anglo American READFULLBIOHERE How to effectively engage stakeholders in frontier markets Anexclusivetwo-dayexecutivetrainingworkshop, certifiedbytheCSRTrainingInstitute 30-31October2014 | London,UK
- Twenty executives will spend two intense days learning from and with global experts on how to effectively engage stakeholders in emerging markets. This course is a practical blend of lectures, case studies, discussions, dilemma-solving group work and individual reflection. The two-day programme combines real-world tools and strategies with strategic insights and down-to-earth approaches. These will equip executives to engage and work better with stakeholders especially in lean or frontier markets. An unhappy stakeholder with a cell phone and internet connection can turn a problem into a crisis that can threaten the very survival of your company “Greatprogramme!Greatinternationalfaculty–greatglobal examplesintheoryandpractice–greatanddiverseparticipants” –SholaSafo-Duodu,headofcorporateaffairs,BarclaysBank(Ghana) How to effectively engage stakeholders in frontier markets Anexclusivetwo-dayexecutivetrainingworkshop, certifiedbytheCSRTrainingInstitute 30-31October2014 | London,UK Objectives & Learning Outcomes The programme objective is to provide participants with insights, understanding, tools, techniques, strategies and networks that will help them and their companies to be more effective at engaging and working with stakeholders in what used to be known as emerging markets – now frontier markets. Who attends? The programme is designed for professionals from industry, NGOs, governments, civil society and the multi-lateral/ international world. The training is cross-industry and is equally relevant for any professional actively engaging with stakeholders in frontier markets. Participants will include senior executives, those with hands on CSR roles and those new to CSR. Why you should sign up to this event: • Companies in a variety of different sectors increasingly use stakeholder engagement to manage risk. We'll discuss how that works in practice. • The leaders now also use stakeholder engagement to spot and seize opportunities. You'll learn how you can make it pay for your business • Useful stakeholders are usually not easy to engage. You'll learn how to spot them, map them, engage them and make two way conversations that deliver • Angry stakeholders can cost your company serious money. We'll show you how leading businesses and experts turn conflict into win-win outcomes Ongoingsupportforyourdevelopment Aspartofyourparticipationinthetwodaycourse,we’reofferingyouasixmonthfollowupoptionwithWayneandTobiasvia phone,emailorevenfacetofacetohelpyouachieveyourgoalsandbecomeamoreeffectivemanager. 1 2 3 4
- “AssomeonenewtoCR,thiscoursedemonstratedthestrategicimportanceofcorporateresponsibility… strongcasestudiesandinsightsintocurrenttrendsandpracticesincorporateresponsibilityaroundtheworld.” HeatherAgnew,Manager,CorporateCitizenship,BankofCanada Agenda31stOctober2014 Agenda30thOctober2014 SESSION SIX Managing from the stakeholder perspective Groups will be asked to look at a management dilemma from the perspective of different stakeholder groups. In this role playing session, executives will be placed in groups representing key stakeholders and given a scenario to react to. Each will then respond as stakeholders might to a situation which a company must manage. Groups will include communities, NGOs, the media and government institutions. SESSION SEVEN Reporting back from group work and critiquing approaches SESSION EIGHT – CASE STUDY Creatingpersonalactionanddevelopmentplans In this short sharp session, each individual executive participant will be asked to take twenty minutes to reflect on what they have learned, draw up some key lessons and formulate these into a personal or team action plan to take back to the office and put into place over a month, six month and one year period. Summaries will be presented. CERTIFICATE CEREMONY INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS – PERSONAL ACTION PLANS CONCLUSION OF TRAINING INTRODUCTIONS & OVERVIEW SESSION ONE The Business Case & Engagement Trends In this first session, Tobias Webb will offer an overview of today’s global business case for stakeholder engagement beyond just compliance. Using case studies, this first, scene-setting presentation will look at some of the current and emerging trends in stakeholder engagement and best practice in two way communications for companies SESSION TWO Tools, Frameworks and Strategic Approaches InthissecondsessionWayneDunnwilldelveintothelatestpractical toolsbeingusedbyleadingexecutivesandcompaniestonavigate thecomplexlandscapeofstakeholderengagement.Thissession willcover: • Pre-engagement due-diligence • Stakeholder mapping • Stakeholder engagement planning • Managing expectations • Social entry strategy/ approach • Capacity building • Partnerships • Training your bosses SESSION THREE – CASE STUDY Howthebestcompaniesengagestakeholdersin emergingmarkets In this session, with some guest speakers and practitioners taking part, we’ll look at some quick case studies of how lean and frontier market stakeholder engagement is best done on the ground, and consider some of the mistakes executives should avoid… SESSION FOUR – GROUP WORK Tackling real life case studies of stakeholder management One worked, one didn’t. We’ll compare and contrast social license success and failure. Our case will cover the same company and the same country, and analyse different outcomes from different approaches to engagement SESSION FIVE Reporting back, group critiques and summary of learning outcomes and tips NETWORKING RECEPTION AND DINNER WITH A SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER
- REGISTER NOW WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT US: EARLYBIRD Bookbefore 22ndAugust ¢ £995+vat Save£200! LASTCHANCE Bookbefore 19thSeptember ¢ £1,095+vat Save£100! FULLPRICE Bookingsafter 19thSeptember ¢ £1,195+vat “Greatprogramme,greatfaculty,excellentfacilitation!” Dr.ToniAubynn,CEO,GhanaChamberofMines "Thiscourseisalreadyhelpingmetodomyjobmoreeffectively.Greatcasestudiesand insightsintocurrenttrendsandpractices.” RacheleDino,corporateresponsibilityexecutive,Swarovski "VerymuchhelpfulWayne;someofthetipsandquestionsyougavewillbeanextremely helpfulguideintheprocessofdevelopingaCSRStrategyformycompany" EmmanuelAubynn,RegionalSocialResponsibilityManager,NewmontAfrica “TheprogrammeenhancedtheCSRknowledgeandstrategicskillsofourKosmosEnergyGhana team,andofferedtheparticipantsaplatformfornetworkingwithprofessionalsfromother organisationsacrossAfricaandGhana.” RegManhas,SrVPKosmosEnergy "Tobyisatrueexpert–connected,creativeandchallenging.Highlyrecommended." AlexCole,directorofcorporateaffairs,Sainsbury'sPLC d +44(0)2030961517 E firstname.lastname@example.org K www.innovation-forum.co.uk/stakeholder-engagement 3waystoregister Ifyou’reinterestedorhaveanyquestionsaboutthetraining,pleasedogetintouch: Oliver Bamford | Tel. +44 (0) 20 3096 1518 | email@example.com | www.innovation-forum.co.uk How to effectively engage stakeholders in frontier markets Anexclusivetwo-dayexecutivetrainingworkshop, certifiedbytheCSRTrainingInstitute 30-31October2014 | London,UK