Marketing From The Inside Out
Evangelism, Branding, Marketing, Web2.0
- 1. Marketing from the Inside Out Justin Foster CMO Tricycle Consulting
- 2. The Simple Idea:
- Create a people-driven brand.
- 3. Defining the Audience
- Investors, Board members, supporters
- Influencers (the media, community leaders)
- 4. Brand Core:
- If my company was a religion, the one thing you must believe is ________.
- To create brand evangelists
- 6. Traits of Evangelists
- Driven by belief, not value.
- Believe in concrete proof, not abstract concepts.
- Evangelize for the joy of it.
- Pro-active in talking about you.
- Will defend you in the marketplace.
- 7. The Steps
- Have first-name relationships
- 8. What NOT to do
- Have gaps between your marketing promises and customer experiences.
- Have advertising that doesnt reflect brand
- Rely on organic word-of-mouth
- Be message/campaign-centric
- 9. The Tools
- Contact management system (example: iContact)
- Web-based survey method (example: surveymonkey)
- This is not just a philosophy, it is a system.
- 11. The Results
- Increase new customer base via word-of-mouth
- Reputation; a sense of inevitability.
- Spending less money on marketing tactics.
- 12. Open Forum
- Clarification on terminology or definitions?
- New technology and tools?