- 1. ASM in Mongolia: up-dates since CASM 2007 CASM 2008, Brasilia by Ch. Enkhzaya and N. Batbayar
- What was the impact of CASM AC 2007?
- What is the current situation?
- What exactly happened in the meantime? (between CASM 2007 and CASM 2008)
- What do we expect from CASM 2008?
3. What was the impact of CASM 2007?
- General awareness building:
- The scope of raised issues and addressed questions: naming a spade a spade, and searching for realizable solutions
- The number of institutions and people involved: like the National Security Council
- Consciousness of public servants and the public: micro-mining
- Participation and Contribution of Mongolians to CASM: Government, NGO,
4. What was the impact of CASM 2007?
- Realizing the fundamental role of the policy and legal framework:
- Temporarily Regulation on ASM
- Experimental ore processing centers
- Still difficulties, errors and trials in place
5. What was the impact of CASM 2007?
- Networking:exchanging experience and communicating expertise: colleagues from all over the world working on solutions for the Mongolias ASM
- Realizing the importance of coordinated efforts:based on the bottom-up approach. It is still difficult.
- Strengthening artisanal miners : feel we not alone, confidence to speak for themselves, build capacity
6. What do we expect from CASM 2008?
- to share our ideas on transforming the TR into an approved ASM legislation
- to discuss the experience with the experimental ore processing centers
- to improve our skills in interacting with the grass-root
- AM: where to begin with? How to work with stakeholders? How to best manage conflicts?
7. What do we expect from CASM 2008?
- with policy implementers (on ASM) worldwide
- Exchange experience and learn concrete tools of public dissemination and awareness building
- Capacity building tools/facilities for ASMs worldwide
8. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION!