Branding From The Inside Out
Having your corporate logo, your product merchandising, your marketing materials, and your advertising is just the beginning when it comes to brand management today. At the most fundamental level our corporate brand positioning comes to life at the touchpoint between employees and customers. After all, your brand isn't what you say it is, it's what your customers say it is. This presentation was originally created and shared by Watson Wyatt. It has been shared several times with audiences ranging from PEMCO Insurance's board members to front line staff. Hope you enjoy it.
NumericNoExplosionAnswer NowUse PowerPoint Color SchemeHorizontalCheckmarkNo10TicToc.wavBoxNoAnswered255,255,050%Keypad #Response Devices# of Responses50NoOval# of Votes ReceivedRedYesUse PowerPoint Color SchemeNoneVoting pads only15All Slides00187,224,22751,51,1530,153,153153,204,0128,128,1280,0,00,102,204204,204,255255,0,0255,255,0187,224,22751,51,1530,153,153153,204,0128,128,1280,0,00,102,204204,204,255255,0,0255,255,0YesYesYesYesExpandedTrueYellow
Clarity Commitment Communication
Confidence Culture - Customers
Branding from the Inside out
- 2. a lot of people are talking about branding these days ...
believe me, I know something about branding
- 3. some people think its just putting your mark
- 4. some people think its just putting your mark
on somebody elses backside
- 5. or making your logoreal fancy and sticking it on everything in sight
- 6. or making your logoreal fancy and sticking it on everything in sight
- 7. or making your logoreal fancy and sticking it on everything in sight
you can dressthings up but ...
- 8. Other people think its just a bunch of talk.
- 9. Most people can tell when its bull.
- 10. Most people can tell when its bull.
- 11. branding is a whole lot different than all those things
- 12. branding is a whole lot different than all those things
Its an old-fashioned promise
- 13. So its nothing new really.
- 14. Dont you worry about us. Well say what we do anddo what we say each and every time you do business with us which we hope youll do often because we have thebest people ready to serve you and we really want to do right by you. You can just come to uswithout considering anyone else because well always make it agood experience and if for some reason its not well fix it because we really, really, really value your loyalty and we just dont even want you to give a moments notice to anyone else who does anything remotely like what we do. But no one does.
So its nothing new really.
Just a short way of saying,
- 15. heres the guts of the whole thing
you have to brand from the inside out
(now dont get squeamish on me)
- 16. that means your people inside
keep the promises you make to your customers outside
- 17. Your people have to get it.
They have to think, act and feel your brand.
- 18. no one can just hang around and chew their cud
- 19. Getting hold of those hands, minds and hearts means
you gotta make sure employees experience the brand themselves.
look at ...
- 20. training
technology for communicating
- 21. So how do you do this branding thing?
(glad you asked)
- 22. 6 of em
A cows favorite letter, of course
- 23. C
Thats takin stock ...
- 24. now hold on there cowboy
put that back!
- 25. now hold on there cowboy
put that back!
we mean figuring out what youre about
mission, vision, values , goals...
that sort of taking stock
- 26. C
You have to keep at it
- 27. people might say ...
- 28. Ppppffffftttttttttttttttttttttt!
Thats a bunch of hooey!
- 29. So the guy with the pick-up truck and the big hat has to go for it
(Thats you Boss!)
and someone has to figure what it means at the feedin trough
(Thats the rest of you)
- 30. Why, the Harvard Business Review says that branding helps...
fetch premium price
get new customers and keep em coming back
bring great employees into the herd and corral em for a career
those figurin guys will like that
- 31. C
buzz in the barnyard...
- 32. C
Steer em all to Be The Best
- 33. C
Were talkin more than cheese here
- 34. tell your stories
celebrate your heroes
show your ribbons
- 35. C
We dont milk em!
- 36. The way you express the promise is
- 37. The way you express the promise is
The way you keep the promise is
- 38. branding will reveal your unique personality
- 39. Nobody can do it like ewe.
- 40. Lets go now girls
Can we talk about Watson Wyatt now?
Cmon, honey, lets go!
But these are such nice people ...
Thanks for listening.
- 41. Rod Brooks
V.P. and Chief Marketing Officer, PEMCO Insurance
Lets ConnectTwitter: @NW_Mktg_GuyRod.Brooks@PEMCO.comBlog: www.PEMCOnorthwest.com
Thanks to our friends at: