EDITING OF IMAGES FOR ANCILLARY
To organise my images that I may use, I put them into a separate folder on my desktop so that they were easily accessible.
To develop my photo editing skills, I used the program Pic Monkey, as its
free and easy to use. I used a previously edited photograph for the background and placed the image of Siobhan on top. I simply erased the background surrounding her. I then
made the image into the dimensions I would use on the digipak.
I wanted to experiment with borders, so I
placed a geometric square and added the multiply effect, and I am impressed by the outcome. Although for
my products to tie together, I think I need
to add more pink tones.
These are some more edits I developed on Pic Monkey. I like how the circle frames her, therefore making her the main focus of the page. I also began experimenting with the
placement and colour of Flumes official logo. I like the Multiply effect so that you can see parts of the background through the text. I dont think I will use this image,
but I gained valuable skills from editing this image.
Here are some more outcomes in which I was
experimenting with different colour borders and outlines. I like how they are all framing Siobhan. The psychedelic
background also ties in well with her marble print dress that I chose for her to wear.
This was another edit I produced to develop my skills on Pic Monkey. I used
my kaleidoscope effect that I made within Final Cut Pro, and used it as an overlay on
an image of Siobhan. I dont think this image is particularly successful as the
composition doesnt look right, but I like the effect it gives & I think it would tie in
with the aesthetic of my music video.
This is my final image I have chosen for the front cover of my digipak. Her intense stare into the camera
works well and makes her look like a strong powerful individual. Again, I have experimented with placing my
kaleidoscope image in the background to add another
dynamic. It is also fairly conventional to have an image of
the lead singer or band on the front of a digipak.
This print screen shows the editing of placing Flumes official logo onto the front cover image of Siobhan. As I placed the original JPG image, I couldnt remove the
background, so I brought the text into photoshop & removed it there. I then saved the image as a PNG file so that the background was still removed. This made it easier for
me to edit the text on Pic Monkey.
These are the stages I went through to complete my edit for the front cover. Firstly I used an effect on the website for light beams to appear to spread around her. I chose this as it makes her stand out further &
therefore makes her the main focal point. I also made the title go behind her head, I did this by placing the image and simply using the eraser tool to accurately remove parts of the letters I didnt need. For the final image on the left, I made the title smaller and added a dot either side, as Flume sometimes uses this as
his official logo on his music albums. I also made the FLUME writing in a block purple to tie in with the
shadows around Siobhan.
These are the four images I have chosen to go inside of my digipak. They all aesthetically tie together due to their colour and shapes. I plan for the inside of my digipak to be darker than the
outside to reflect the light and dark within my music video. This is why these images will work well as they are predominantly red/pink and black. I will put two images on one panel to add a
different dynamic and create layers for a more interesting look.
This is the editing process I went through to place these two images on one panel. For a background I used my kaleidoscope image as a current theme through my designs. I then
placed the two photos of Siobhan on as overlays, so I can edit the blending modes so they will merge with the background to create a continuous and professional looking image.
The above image I edited to see what the outcome would be like, but the image is too bright and doesnt tie in well with the others I have used. The images on the left show how I have experimented with the placement of the top
photo of Siobhan. I have decided to use the bottom image as the light and colours flow more easily as your eye
follows the image.
These are my two final images for the inside of my digipak. Using Pic Monkey to edit these was simple and easy to navigate meaning I am happy with the results. My use of colour gels in the photoshoot has meant that all the colours tie in together and continue
the trippy aesthetic. I also think these images support that my video is a concept video, as they only contain the main artist in a variety of poses. The kaleidoscope effect also connects these images with the music video and initial design of the magazine advert.