Composing Better Travel Photos
Use art and design fundamentals to turn your photos from good to great.
- Mary Fiore Wanderplex Cruising and Photography Contributor Fioreart.com
- What to include Where to place it What to avoid
- Mentally divide the photo into thirds. Place the subject at a one third point.
- In the content of modern Rome the Coliseum appears crumbling. It is stronger and more imposing in the middle.
- The background is too busy
- Tamara de Lempicka Young Lady with Gloves
- Empty space invites the viewer in
- Go from showing activity to capturing motion
- What to Include: Uneven numbers Color Texture Lines Pattern Framing Action Emotion Open space Different angles Depth of field Close ups and distance photos Sense of place Where to place it: at a 1/3 position In the middle Facing in or out What to Avoid: Distracting backgrounds Clutter Too much in one photo
- Basics of Better Travel Photos Capturing a Travel Destination Getting the Most Out of Your Camera Managing & Sharing Your Travel Photos Photo Editing: Where the Magic Happens Watch for additional follow up presentations on:
- Photography and the Principles of Design http://www.slideshare.net/mrtayteachesart/pri nciples-of-design-in-photography A Beginner’s Guide to Capturing Motion in Your Photography http://digital-photography-school.com/a- beginners-to-capturing-motion-in-your- photography/
- http://digital-photography-school.com/5- elements-of-composition-in-photography/