What are people really using their mobile devices for this year? Hint: It's not for making phone calls!
Download 2014 Mobile Consumer Trends
1.2014 MOBILE CONSUMER TRENDS
2. Carrier 41%10:15 AM 3 1 So we already know about Mobile Trends in theWorkplace. What do people like to do most with their mobile devices... Outside of work?
3. Carrier 41%10:25 AM We surveyed over smartphone users with SurveyMonkey Audience to find out! 600
4. Here’s what we learned...
5. OK SEND END CALL 2ABC 1 3D 5JKL 4GHI 7PQRS 8 * Forget about using your mobile phone to make a phone call... so last year.
6. And we really do mean “last year”. In 2013, only of people said they use their mobile phone to make phone calls. 35%
7. SendiMessage Q W E R T Y U I O P Delivered In 2014, it’s all about text messaging 41% use their phones for texting instead of talking.
8. Carrier 41% 10:15 AM 3 1 But as with many things in life... Age DOES make a difference.
9. iMessage Today 10:25 AM SendiMessage Q W E R T Y U I O P A S D F G H J K L Z X C V B N M returnspace.?123 iMessage Carrier 41%10:25 AM BFFMessages Contact Delivered I know—RIGHT!? then I was like all, eweee... OMG!! :-) ROTFL!!!!! Nearly 60% of 18 – 29 year olds use their mobile devices for texting.
10. iMessage Today 10:25 AM SendiMessage Q W E R T Y U I O P A S D F G H J K L Z X C V B N M returnspace.?123 iMessage Carrier 41%10:25 AM SAMMessages Contact Delivered Absolutely—I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Hey, so are we still on for Friday night? Compared to 44% of 30 – 44 year olds who prefer to text over a phone call
11. vs 45% 28% Making phone calls for those aged 45 – 60 is more popular than texting.
12. iPhone vs Android? VS
13. iPhones are #1 for all age groups 1st
14. Ready to start your own project? See our full survey results on mobile trends in the workplace & for personal use. visit our resource page