USC Viterbi School of Engineering: Helpful graduate application tips
Download Application tips slides
2. Create accountCreate new account or login with system generated PINNote: Each new application created will generate a new PIN code/ passwordwww.usc.edu/admission/graduate/apply/
3. In the Application Information section drop down menus, select:1.Fall 2015 (if applying for next fall)2. USC Viterbi School of Engineering3. Your intended program of study that you are applyingApplication Information section
4. Application Tips: GPAProvide your GPA in the grading/point system that is used by your institution.
5. Application Tips: TOEFL and GRE scoresEnsure that your official score reports are sent directly to USC.If you do not yet have your scores, you can leave this section blank and we will refer to your official score reports. Do not let this section delay your submission of the application.
6. Application Tips: Letters of RecommendationIf applying to a program requiring Letters of Recommendation, please add the name and information for each recommendation provider in the “Recommendations” section.IMPORTANT Note:Do NOT wait to submit your application even if your letters have not yet been submitted by your recommenders. This is a separate module of the application.You WILL be able to check the status of letters once the application has been submitted.
7. Application Tips•Submit the application and all required materials as early as possible including your unique 10 digit Application ID number in all your correspondence (email and hard copy)•USC ID number typically takes 2-3 days to be issued after submission of online application – please plan accordingly. See “Important Note” below•Enter your name, address and passport information EXACTLY as it should appear on your visa application; incorrect information will delay the issuance of your I-20 and student visa (international applicants)•Your application status will be updated on the online application system–After you submit your application, you will be notified if additional documents are required–Respond promptly to Admissions office emails if they request info