The present document can't read!
Please download to view
Please download to view
This webinar addressed challenges expected in integration of software update capabilities; and strategies to implement software updates in IVI systems. Must Watch for all Infotainment Pros.
Download IVI Software Update - Challenges and Strategies - Webinar Presentation (updated)
- 1. IVI Software Update Challenges & Strategies July 31, 2013
- 2. © KPIT Technologies Limited Partners to Automotive Industry 2 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] 8,300+ employees 20+ OEMs 100+ Tier 1’s 20+ Semi-con Companies Customers 300+ Vehicle Production Program Exposure Engine Transmission After-treatment Hybrid POWERTRAIN INTERIORS & EXTERIORS A B CHASSIS & SAFETY C Infotainment Clusters Body Electronics Chassis Systems Safety Systems Vision Systems MECHANICAL ENGINEERING HORIZONTAL SOLUTIONS IN – VEHICLE NETWORKING DIAGNOSTICS Among the Best 5 companies by Industry Focus : Automotive - International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP)
- 3. © KPIT Technologies Limited About the Speaker 3 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Sriram G. • 15 years of rich experience in Automotive Electronics including Infotainment • Senior Solution Architect at KPIT • Leads the Infotainment Platform Development Group • Responsible for the architecture of KPIT’s KIVI platform • Architect & Topic Lead, CE Connectivity Expert Group at GENIVI • Leads the Device Management topic
- 4. © KPIT Technologies Limited We will cover… Software update • Trends • Need in vehicle Infotainment • Challenges • Strategies • KPIT’s Approach • Best Practices • Q&A 4 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected]
- 5. © KPIT Technologies Limited Software update related trends 5 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] • Mainly diagnostics, IVI ECU & map data updates • Via DVD or proprietary tools • Full software re-flash 2000-2008 • Post sale firmware update eg. Ford Sync • Via DVD/ SD Card/ Proprietary tools • Full software re-flash 2008-2010 • Technology drops • Component or feature level updates • Via USB/ Ethernet 2011-2013 • Features, Apps, Content updates • via USB, Ethernet, FOTA, SOTA 2014-2020 OEMs want to shift to less expensive and more seamless software updates facilitated with connectivity
- 6. © KPIT Technologies Limited Software update need in IVI 6 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Increasing software complexity in IVI Faster introduction of new CE devices & features Rising importance of App updates for IVI Buggy IVI software leading to customer complaints
- 7. © KPIT Technologies Limited Without software updates… 7 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] In One Year TODAY
- 8. © KPIT Technologies Limited Key stakeholders & Workflow 8 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] It is critical that automotive OEMs implement User Experience centric software update strategies Software Update Stakeholders OEM End Customer Service Technician Dealer Tier #2 Tier #1 Telecom Partners App Developers What? When? Where? Why? Workflow How?
- 9. © KPIT Technologies Limited Software update: key challenges 9 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Providing seamless updates Varied levels of user technology awareness Expensive software update campaigns Maintainability over the life of vehicle Common approach across product stages End user, vehicle safety & security
- 10. © KPIT Technologies Limited Important software update strategies 10 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Platform approach Over the Air update Beta testing Thorough audit trailing Software partitioning Variant management Unified approach for production to post sale updates
- 11. © KPIT Technologies Limited Update centric architecture 11 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] modular, component based + package & variant centric modular, component based
- 12. © KPIT Technologies Limited KPIT’s Platform Approach 12 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Beyond FOTA & Head Unit Inside Head Unit: Software Update System of Systems Build Management Configuration Management Variant Management …… Cloud Hosted Server Infrastructure
- 13. © KPIT Technologies Limited Top 5 best practices 13 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Idiot proof update mechanism Support multiple update methods Optimum update package size Align deployment architecture with part numbering Periodic refresh & defragmentation
- 14. © KPIT Technologies Limited What we do… 14 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected] Strategy Consulting Architecture Consulting Implementations Integration Questions?
- 15. www.kpit.com Thank you © KPIT Technologies Limited15 9/23/2013 www.kpit.com | [email protected]